Please note, participation in the Diabetes Self-Management Training Program at SSM Health St. Francis Hospital in Maryville, Missouri, requires a physician's referral. Talk to your primary care doctor today to find out if this program is right for you.
As part of this program, you will receive 10 hours of comprehensive diabetes education. Class topics include:
- Diabetes disease process
- Healthy food choices and meal planning
- Carbohydrate counting
- Physical activity
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Medication information
- Emotional well-being
- Short-term and long-term complications
- Goal setting and problem solving
Contact the St. Francis Diabetes Team at 660-562-7966 for more information.
Other programs and support groups
Medical Nutritional Therapy (MNT)
- Includes a nutrition consultation with a dietitian
- MNT services require a physician's referral
- St. Francis bills insurance and Medicare for MNT services
Contact our Registered Dietitian at 660-562-2600 ext. 5106.
Gestational Diabetes Education
- Understanding gestational diabetes and its effect on mother and baby
- Diet and blood glucose control
- Glucometer use
Contact our OB Nurse & Lactation Consultant at 660-562-2525.
Diabetes Support Group
A variety of speakers, topics and ideas are offered to assist you in your diabetes management.
When: 10 to 11 am the first Wednesday of each month (except December)
*Please notify Deb Hull @ 660-562-7966 the first time you come, as there are times we may meet off-site for a field trip.
Where: The Franciscan Room at St. Francis Hospital
For more information on diabetes support in Northwestern Missouri and the surrounding area, contact our Diabetes Education Team at 660-562-7966.